Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Things turning around? And I just jinxed it.

Things may actually be starting to turn around for me.

I have a job interview at Liberty Tax on Tuesday.  A student of mine sent me an email for a state job that pays $500 more per month than I am making now.  My former college advisor asked if she should forward my info to a private tax prep company.  My RTRP test is less than 2 weeks away.

Today I also turned in my workout cards to my wellness coach at the YMCA.  She was very impressed and is looking forward to drilling me starting Wednesday morning.

My outfits continue to get compliments, although one of my dickeys is already damaged.

On top of all that, I have a best friend again.

Now that I have counted my blessings, let the jinx shitstorm commence!

----UPDATE 1----

I just finished the application for the state job.  Man, was it long!  It took me over an hour just to fill out an on-line application.  I really hope it was worth it.  Now, I guess I just sit here and wait to see if anything comes of it.

As for the job via the college advisor, she is going to forward my information to the tax guy today (hopefully).  Again, it is wait and see if anything comes of it.

At least I know I have the Liberty Tax interview scheduled for Tuesday.  I have to remember to get a shirt and tie out of storage for it.  I've been told I look good in blue, and blue is a color of trust, so I will get a blue shirt and tie.  Of course, I will still wear a vest and watch chain; those are not optional.

----UPDATE 2----

Just scheduled another interview for Friday.  This one is as a teller at a check cashing place.  Not much glamor, but could be some good experience, maybe even lead to a teller position at a bank.  I so much want to believe in this stuff, but I know the shit is going to hit my face any time now.

----UPDATE 3----

I got to the interview today (Friday), and took the time to fill out an application.  When I turned it in, I was told they were running an hour behind.  I had to be at workin an hour, so I had to walk away from the interview.  See, I told you I jinxed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments.