Saturday, June 2, 2012

Struggling in bed . . .

It has been almost a week since starting my Collegiate sleep schedule (4-1/2 hours of sleep with a 90-minute siesta).  Between needing to schedule appointments with college advisors, not being able to fall asleep, and sleeping through alarm clocks, it has been a very difficult transition.  My procrastinatory nature is not helping.  However, I did receive a quote from Albert Einstein that is helping.  I will get it posted under the quotations label when I am done with this rant.

I am going to try to battle the inability to fall asleep with the purchase of a bottle of butter schnapps.  I am going to try to battle the alarm clocks by stopping at the thrift store and buying more alarm clocks.  I think right now I have to find something loud and put it in a place where I have to get out of bed to deal with it.

Also, I have a very busy work weekend coming up.  On Friday, I work my cleaning job from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.  I am then going to my job at the World Arena from 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.  Then I have to go back to the World Arena at 10:30 a.m. and work until 9:00 p.m. to be followed by another night of cleaning from 9:30 p.m. until 5:30 a.m.  After this, I still have to show up to school at 10:00 a.m. Monday morning.  I may have to wait until after all of this to make another attempt to reset my body clock.  Perhaps by then I will also have the 4-hour body exercise routine mapped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments.