Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I had three dreams a few days ago that I just have to get written down before I forget.

In the first, I am sitting in what appears to be a classroom.  Apparently, I fall asleep in my dream.  When I wake up, people are moving their chairs into an arrangement like a school bus.  I try to move my chair as well, but I am blocked by a table and cannot align with the rest of the class.  I apparently fall asleep again.  I wake up to being asked a question that I don't hear.  I feel puzzled.  The teacher says, "Just tell us about how you have started exercising."  I introduce myself, mention that I am an accounting student, and that I have not yet really started exercising.  The other students just stare at me.

The second dream has me sitting in the pew of a church.  There is some sort of play going on.  As I look forward, something rises toward the ceiling.  It feels like a huge popcycle stick covered with decorated paper plates.  It go up for a long time, until it finally falls backwards from its own weight.  The person who was raising it is furious.  He raises some sort of large paper man and proceeds to tear it to pieces.  He then storms through bundles of brown paper and up the aisle.  There is now someone sitting next to me.  It is a woman I recognize, although I cannot remember her.  She says, "Well, that's Bob for you."

Lastly, I am standing in a bright room.  I turn my head to look behind me.  There is a bed with a man lying in it.  I return my gaze forward.  There is now a very unkempt and crazed looking man in front of me.  He is carrying a flat-head screwdriver.  It sucks on it and then threatens to stab me with it.  Something happens, causing both of us to alter our gaze.  When I look forward again, he is gone.  I turn my head to look behind me.  There are four men walking in slow motion toward the bed.  Three of them are naked; the other is wearing a pair of white tights with the crotch cut out.

This is when I wake up.  I would love to hear what Freud would have to say about these dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments.