Thursday, January 3, 2013

New year, new commitment

With the new year I have to bring a new commitment to the things I wish to accomplish.  Right now, the thing that seems to be hampering me most is not having a home.  So, I need to come up with a plan to find some place to sleep, and I am going to use this blog to help me organize my thoughts.

So, what are the options for sleeping:
1)  Getting an apartment
2)  Buying a house
3)  Sleeping in a van
4)  Become someone's roommate.
5)  Find a live-in job
6)  Get a large business space and live out of that

If these are my 4 options, what are the steps I need take:
1)  Fix credit rating
2)  Get pre-approved for a home loan
3)  Look at vans
4)  Find a roommate
5)  Locate potential business spaces
6)  Apply for jobs

As I have been writing this, things have altered quite a bit.  I have thought of two other ways to have a place to sleep and added those.  In my mind, I am thinking the order will be something like this:  Get started on the pre-approval.  While that is processing, look for a live-in job and a large business space.  I can also start fixing my credit rating.  If the loan is not approved and I am unable to find a live-in job or an appropriately priced business space, I will buy a van to live in.  In the event there is no appropriate van for sale, I will have to look for a roommate situation as a last resort.

No matter what the order, finding a place to sleep, and possibly live, is my current #1 priority.  Everything else takes a back seat for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments.