Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Add protein to diet with cottage cheese

As part of my attempt to improve my diet and body appearance, I got the book The 4-Hour Body from the library.  It has some interesting stuff in it.  One thing this guy pushes is eating at least 20 grams of protein at each meal and eating 5-6 meals a day of about 200 calories each.  Well, I have always had a problem with portions.  I will eat until I feel like I am bursting.  I really need to find some way to restart my "I am full" hormone.  Until then, there was a suggestion I saw somewhere to premake everything I eat and eat the same thing week after week so the calories only have to be counted once.  I am actually kind of in the process of doing that, so I can kind of do both at the same time.  The book suggests eating 4 eggs at breakfast, but I want to save my eggs for a snack at work.  The 4-Hour Body suggested replacing the eggs with cottage cheese.  When I saw the price and sodium content of cottage cheese at the grocery store, I started searching the internet for instructions to make cottage cheese at home.  There are actually two different processes.  One of them uses a buttermilk starter to make cultured cottage cheese; I wonder if yogurt could serve this purpose.  The other is just curdling milk using vinegar; this could create some interestingly flavored cottage cheese.

Jillian Michael's book, Master Your Metabolism, actually suggests carbs for breakfast rather than protein.  Now I am wondering who is correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments.