Friday, May 4, 2012

Gasoline Experiment, Part 1

It figures.  Last night I bought the Shell gasoline.  When I get back home, the grocery store generic price came down 2¢ per gallon.  Recalculating from the last time, that means generic gas is $3.86 per gallon and I get 32 miles per gallon, that comes to 12.09¢ per mile.  I would save 0.72¢ per mile by buying the more expensive gas.  With an 11¢ price difference between gas types, I am still saving money if my gas milage remains at 35 with the Shell gas.

The last tank of gas I bought got me 33.49 miles per gallon.  This is with a couple tanks of grocery generic gas after a few tanks of Shell.  Last night, I bought the Shell gas again.  I should have my first new figures on Tuesday morning.  I can say my car seems to like the Shell.  There is less warm-up time after ignition.  Also, the gas gauge seems to be moving slower than usual, so that is a good sign that this will work.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.  If I can save another $10 a month by buying a more efficient gas, I am closer to my goal and maybe won't have to move or become homeless.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments.