Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Eating After Exercise

While trying to figure out the schedule for my 4-hour body eating plan, I came across some information on what to eat after exercise.  The basic consensus seems to be take in liquids but also take in carbs to build muscle glycogen and some protein to help absorption of the carbs.  A ratio keeps being mentions of 4 grams of carbs per 1 gram of protein.  The liquid should be enough to replace what was lost during exercise.  One must weigh oneself before exercise and then again after exercise.  This is the amount of moisture lost through sweating.  The recommendation is to drink 20 ounces of fluid for each pound of weight loss.  As for carbs and protein, the most appealing suggestion to me is to eat a 9" banana and drink chocolate milk.  This is what I have now made my after-exercise snack.  When combined with 4-hour meal plan I will still be able to afford all the food I need during a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments.