Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Figuring out a 4-hour diet

The 4-Hour Body eating plan is fairly simple, but I have to try to figure out how to make it work with homelessness.  The basic schedule is breakfast, lunch 4 hours later, smaller lunch 4 hours after that, and dinner 4 hours after that.  Exercise should be finished 1 hours before dinner.  Plugging this into my desired sleep schedule (see polyphasic sleep), dinner would have to be about 8 a.m.  This puts the small lunch at 4 a.m., lunch as midnight, and breakfast at 8 p.m.  All except dinner, then could be eaten at the church I clean overnight, leaving only the after-exercise dinner to deal with.  That actually isn't so bad, because the church has a full kitchen.  The problem lies in storage.  I basically need to buy groceries daily, make a pot of something I won't mind eating 3 times, and having time to clean up the church's kitchen when I am done.  Chili comes to mind, as that would include a protein, a legume (beans), and vegetables.  I'm just wondering how expensive it is going to be to buy each of these every day.  A couple cans of beans and a bag of frozen veggies should be inexpensive enough, but buying meat individually each day is going to rack up the costs.  I need to research high-protein chili recipes to determine if I can make a pot of chili every day with the money I have for groceries.

Oops.  I just started adding this to my 4-Hour sleeping plan, and I have a conflict.  I sleep from 11pm to 2am, so I cannot eat at midnight.  I need to completely rethink my scheduling.

The Y is open until 9:30pm.  If I exercise at 8pm, shower at 9pm, leave at 9:30pm, buy groceries, make chili at the church and eat by 10pm.  That would put my sleep at midnight-3am and my naps at 6:30am, 2:30pm, and 6:30pm.  This is smack dab in the middle of my school classes.  I've got to come up with another solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments.